Thursday 6 October 2011

Anne Smith quilts exhibition and Japanese Bag

An Exhibition of Quilts - Anne Smith

We are so lucky here in South Wales, not only did we have a wonderful exhibition of Linda and Laura Kemshall's marvellous painted quilts at the Cynon Valley Museum until September but now there are Anne Smith's to follow. I can't wait to see them, a trip to Aberdare is on the agenda, after Saturday's visit to the Herbert Museum in Coventry.

It started well, but now I'm battling with assembling the Japanese Bag - got so stuck that I had to ring the designers for help. I had some pieces the wrong way round, now corrected so about to have another go at assembling it. It will be worth it, mine has African fabrics as you might be able to see.

 
The pattern comes from the book Easy Japanese Quilt Style by Julia Davies and Anne Muxworthy from Step by Step Patchwork in South Molton Devon. When it got desperate they were very patient and helpful and have offered to put it together for me but of course I want to do it myself. They'll be at Malvern if I haven't cracked it (or shot myself) by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment