Wednesday 21 December 2011

Carolina Row All Done

The sweet glow of satisfaction reigns. My Dad's Christmas present is now sitting underneath his tree all wrapped and labelled.

The parallel quilting for the roofs and sky worked out really well.
 The in the ditch for the houses and freehand border not quite so good, blame it on the new machine

The label was my first and I really made a meal of it with six tries before it was half acceptable for my perfectionist father. Isn't the border a great match? It was a St David's Foundation shop man's shirt bargain for £1.
I do hope he likes it.


Am more than a bit worried it's not big enough for a lap quilt for him and plan to add an extra 'stack of coins' border all round if needed.

The final product is pretty male and looks good in situ.

Sigh of relief! Now there's just one more Christmas present to make - the backing for the wholecloth cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment